Saturday, January 24, 2009

Review for Running Hot by Jayne Ann Krentz

Running Hot by Jayne Ann Krentz
My favorite type of romance novel seamlessly mixes sexy characters, paranormal elements, humor and a dash of mystery.  That's one of the reasons that I truly adore Amanda Quick, aka Jayne Ann Krentz, aka Jayne Castle.  She's got the recipe down pat.  Her Arcane Society Series is a heady combination of quirky characters, fascinating paranormal abilities, and mysterious circumstances that draw the reader into her delightful world.  I absolutely loved Second Sight, which is a historical installment of this series.  (I love that she is following the origins of this secret society, and then jumps into contemporary times to follow the members' descendants...totally cool!) Anyway, Running Hot is a great addition to this series.  Luther and Grace are a terrific combination, and the threads of various stories that are woven together in the book are wonderful.  My favorite is La Sirene, who uses her supernatural voice as a weapon of destruction.  Krentz' observations about opera music are superb and almost make me a believer of the paranormal (she's so convincing!).  I highly recommend this book and look forward to the next installment of the Arcane Society Series. Grade: A
Your humble servant, Penelope